we are looking for performers
A new work, Fault Lines, opens in February 2020. We're looking for performers to join us in making the piece, and performing it at various times through 2020.
This is a devising role for performers, physical theatre makers and dancers, not an acting role.
To apply, see the form further down this page. All expressions of interest should be completed by 20th September.
If access requirements make this format unsuitable for you, please contact Alister on 07786 911954 to discuss an alternative.
Who we're looking for
Fault Lines is a show about difference and belonging. It's about perceptions, assumptions and taking control. We've made a little promo video using some of the footage from earlier workshops, which might give you a feel of what we're up to...
The people we work with on the project will:
- be available Dec 2019-Feb 2020, with likely further dates for performing in May and October 2020. Time can be flexible in December, but final rehearsals run from 13 January in northern Scotland, with touring in weeks of 3rd and 10th Feb.
- not identify as male
- want to take part in a devising process which will involve sharing personal experiences of belonging (and not belonging) for incorporation into the work
- be comfortable in visual and physical theatre
- include people from a mixture of cultural and ethnic heritage
- include mixed abilities, particularly including at least one D/deaf performer
- have experience of performing in devised or experimental work, or in dance and movement led processes
Fees are calculated at £550 per full week of rehearsal or performance.
Any access requirements will be supported separately.