Our new work, Near Gone, is a gripping story of survival, told with passionate dancing, pounding gypsy music and tremendous honesty. Winner of the inaugural Suitcase Prize as part of Pulse Ipswich, it’s now on tour, and audiences are telling us they love it!
“immensely powerful and life-enhancing”
You can see Near Gone this spring at:
- 15-16 January, Warwick Arts Centre, 024 7652 4524
- 22 January, South Street Reading, 0118 960 6060
- 28 February, Key Theatre Peterborough, 01733 207 239
- 1 March, Brighton Dome, 01273 709 709
- 21-22 March, Jacksons Lane (London), 020 8341 4421
- 27 March, Contact MCR (with Word of Warning), 0161 274 0600
- 30 May, New Wolsey Ipswich, 01473 295 900
- 12 June, Performance Mix Festival, here, New York
We hope to see you soon!
“a wonderful and very moving evening”
We’re busy working on ideas for a new work, with notebooks of sketches, diagrams and text, snipped articles and fragments of materials – all for an exciting new show in 2014! The work is starting from ideas about maleness and power, gender politics, stereotypes we like and loathe… we shared the first rough ideas to much laughter as part of Tobacco Factory’s Prototype, with a bit more text at Bristol Old Vic’s Ferment and, following a short residency, in a BAC Scratch showing. The result is that we know what the piece is going to be in terms of shape and style, with lots of the content roughed out. It’s a great place to be and we’re grateful to the Kevin Spacey Foundation for supporting the project.
Journey in Aberystwyth
It’s a one-on-one audio walk which sets off from a booth where anyone can stop by and share their own journeys with us — or read those others have left. Based on the story of a young woman’s first voyage from her homeland, it has proved very popular around the country and was selected for the World Stage Design showcase in Cardiff last year.
Our current shows are: